The care village will provide 195 supported living units – 34 one bed and 161 two bed – a 60-bed care home and 34 respite hotel suites, as well as medical support facilities, function rooms, health and wellbeing Spa retreat, leisure facilities and offices.
There will also be a restaurant, museum charting the site’s history and military links, café and a new promenade, improved coastal defence measures, gardens and underground parking.
The care village is designed to provide the freedom to live independently, with the reassurance that, should the need arise, there is instant access to a flexible, tailored, care and support network on site.
The scheme comprises a range of accommodation with care and support and the option of moving to the care home should an individual’s care needs become larger.
Please click for larger images
- A well being centre with gymnasium and spa. This facility has been designed to be enjoyed by the community as a whole.
- A choice of Restaurants, bars and coffee shops for residents and guests use along with social lounges which host an array of associated functions and activities to help encourage and create a unique community environment.
- A Bowling Green & fully landscaped gardens both internal and external with sensory areas such as rose and herb gardens to help orientation of our sensory impaired clients. Along with scent we use textured pathways, colours and different sounds to enable our clients to keep a degree of self sufficiency when/if senses deteriorate.
- Hair Salon.
- Craft Room.
- A multi denominational worship room.
- A GP, Optician and dental surgery suite. This will be open to the community as a whole subject to certain time and security restrictions.
- Alternative therapy suites which will also be open to the community as a whole subject to certain time restrictions.
- Chemist. If required this will be open to the community as a whole and this service will be delivered by agreement and in association with a local pharmacy.
- Village Shop inclusive of a post office and banking facilities.
- Transport services including village buses, chauffeured cars and general use hire cars